Monday, October 19, 2009

Raw cheesecake

Before you read this post, I need to impress upon you my extreme skepticism for food crazes and diet fads. I have never done Atkins, South Beach or any of the other many programs that restrict you completely from eating certain things.

So when I stumbled upon CureCravingsForever.com and was reading recipes, for her "28 Desserts You Can Eat Everyday," I wasn't buying it. Honestly, I'm still not sure, but tonight I made Raw Raspberry Cheesecake. It has no cheese and no cake. Also no sugar or graham crackers, two things I think are rather key in cheesecake. The crust is pecans, dates and salt. The filling is cashews, honey, lemon juice, coconut oil, vanilla and water. I haven't eaten a slice yet, but I tasted the crust and the filling and they are both good. I think it's going to be even better when they are cold and topped with raspberries. If this works out the next recipes I want to try are chocolate mint coconut bars and strawberry shortcake.

Nathalie Lussier is the author of these recipes and she's a raw foodie. The basic idea is that foods lose nutrients when they are cooked above a certain temperature, so eat raw. She is offering her 28 Desserts You Can Eat Everyday book as a free PDF download. I am excited to try a few more.Guilt-free mint chocolate fudge balls? Don't mind if I do.


This photo is from Nathalie's recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails