Thursday, October 22, 2009

For the birds



This might be my favorite tote yet. (Both pictures are the same tote, back and front.) The fabric is heavy-weight canvas from Ikea. I had the same problem with this fabric as I did the orange bird fabric. The print runs the opposite way than most, so if I cut it like I normally do, I'd have a bunch of dead birds, laying on their backs, and that just wouldn't make for a very cute tote!

I have enough of this fabric to make one more bag. I need to figure out the best placement so the cutest part of the print is on the most visable part of the tote. I didn't have enough brain power last night to figure that out twice and make the second tote.

I also came up with a great idea for a stocking stuffer for people who sew: thread, in every color imaginable. I am only 5 or so blocks from our local fabric store. I go there several times a week, usually in the middle of a project because I've run out of thread or don't have a color I thought I did. Having to stop in the middle drives me crazy. But don't buy those tiny spools that come in packs all together; there is never enough thread on those to do anything with. (That's what I was using last night when I ran out and had to go out in the rain to the store to get more. So annoying!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails