Monday, March 1, 2010

Three billy goats gruff

I sewed this weekend! It's been a long time and it felt very relaxing. These three totes just need trim and handles attached and then they are ready for the shop. They have swimming goats, goats on a bridge and mountain goats on them and crack me up. I don't know when my love of goats happened, but now I love everything about them. They are cute and funny plus make wonderful milk that doesn't hurt my lactose intolerant tummy. The milk can be turned into so many great products like cheese, soap and more.

Random side story - Did your mom or grandma ever make you one of those shirts in the late 80s or early 90s that starts as a t-shirt, but they cut strips into the sleeves and bottom half, adding beads so you end up with a sort of beaded, tasseled top? Mine also had a pair of hot pink high tops ironed on the front. I was obviously the coolest kid in 4th grade. Anyway, I wore said shirt to the Milwaukee zoo on family vacation. In the petting zoo, the goats started gnawing away at my fringe and eating the plastic beads. I was not amused. I now realize that the goats were just trying to tell me what an awful fashion statement I was making.

I'm not sure why I've been in such a funk lately with sewing but I think I'm over it now. My list of projects is long. Besides yards and yards of printed canvas just waiting to become reusable grocery totes, I have fabric for new kitchen curtains, a skirt and a jacket.

I did finish and list this tote this weekend. For some reason, it really makes me think of hanging out on the beach in New England in the summer - which I have never even done - so I named it "Weekend in the Hamptons." I bought this fabric for a custom order and this is all I have left, so this will be the only one, so if you summer on the coast, better grab it quick!

1 comment:

  1. Love the billy goats fabric! :)
    I have so many sewing projects I want to do. lol - not enough time in the day...(or maybe days in the week?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails