Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ronald Raygun

Winter brings out the grump in me and I have a tendency to get pretty down on Iowa and the frozen tundra - I mean the Midwest. The reality is that it's not so bad and I actually love some aspects: the downtown farmers market, the genuinely nice people (most of them, anyway) and several of the local restaurants and stores are really unique and wonderful.
 
There's a t-shirt store in the East Village of Des Moines called Raygun. Their shirts are mostly Iowa/Midwest themed and always snarky. They used to be called Smash, but as the t-shirt above explains, they had to change it. We have several of their shirts at home and have given even more as gifts. Every last one cracks me up. 

 
I have this one. You've seen my picture and know just how gansta I am. 

This one we gave to a friend who lives in Colorado, but has lived in Iowa before.

My parents have a lake house in Missouri, so I bought this one for my dad for Father's Day so he can wear it down there.

 If you have an Iowa or Midwest connection, or even if you don't, check out Raygun's website. If nothing else, they are good for a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails