Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Only 269 days

Until Halloween! I know that's really not a normal countdown to start in February, but it's already on my mind. I make my Halloween costumes and sometimes they get a little elaborate. If I don't get started early enough, I run out of time. Typically it's about this time of year when I decide what the next costume will be. This year, I'm stumped. The past two Halloweens, I used Helana Bonham Carter characters as inspiration.


Witch in 2007

The only idea I've come up with so far is Medusa and I'm not that enthusiastic about it. I was a Carebear with a group of 3 others back in college, so I was trying to come up with 80s cartoon inspiration too. Maybe Judy Jetson? My fall back is typically a witch because I love witch hats and I could never have to many. It's hard to justify buying a new one if I'm not going to dress up as a witch for Halloween though! Ideas?

4 comments:

  1. If you're going for HBC characters - you could always go w/ Bellatrix Lestrange! :) (not sure if you're into the Harry Potter thing, though)

    You always have fantastic costumes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love halloween :-) Witch is my fall back always, as a matter of fact its what I was this year :-) As far as 80's cartoon characters, what about Jem? Remember her? The rock star by night, office worker by day Barbie doll who had a cartoon too? Rainbow bright could be fun too. Or strawberry short cake, lots of other characters for others to dress up as well. Just a few ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every costume is amazing - my fav is the Queen Of Hearts but they are all great! That is even more cool that you make them yourself!

    I clicked back through to your blog from the post you posted on my blog and it brought me to your profile page first and I was sure I noticed that you were from Des Moines - is that right? I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Harvey, I do live in Des Moines too!

    Andrea, Have you seen the skanky versions of Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Bright? I hate that Halloween has become a reason to dress like a ho. We had a friend that was Jem a few years ago. It was a really good costume! We've also had a friend be Rainbow Bright and her friend Red.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails