Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh how I miss you

Stilettos, peep toes, sandals, flip flops, sling backs and wedges. I long for your shiny patent leather, strappy sexiness and daring heights. I miss how you make my very short legs look long (well, at least longer) and sleek. I long to see painted toe nails peeking out. I want to hear the "flip flop flip flop" sounds of thongs. No more black and brown, I want red, pink, purple and blue!

This has been a brutal winter. Early December brought us so much snow that we haven't seen the ground since. Des Moines broke the record for the most days in a row to have at least 5" of snow on the ground, and keeps breaking it everyday. The few places that aren't buried in snow are covered in ice and I have been forced to alternate mostly between four pairs of boots: two pairs of snow boots and two pairs of ankle boots with low heels. My feet are sad and drab.

Although I do not miss my last job, I do miss having covered parking and a skywalk so I could wear whatever shoes I wanted to work without having to worry about falling on the ice and breaking a leg or freezing my toes off.

I am a bargain shopper and love a good sale but one of the things on my bucket list is to blow an exorbitant amount of money on an amazing pair of shoes. I'm talking about some Jimmy Choo's or Manolo Blahnik's that cost the same as a mortgage payment. If tomorrow, I should get hit by a bus and not achieve this goal, please use some of my life insurance policy to buy me a pair to be buried in.

1 comment:

  1. I hope its warm enough in LA that you can wear some of your awesome shoes Tonya.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails