Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ding, fries are done


Our tree - the picture makes it look like it only has white lights, but it has white and colored
I'm done Christmas shopping. I have two gifts that I am making; one of which I haven't started and one that is partially started. But other than that, I am done Christmas shopping and it feels great. Everything is wrapped too. We finished up yesterday while out running errands. We were super productive today and cleaned the whole house plus put the tree up.

I finished making this apron today for my sudo brother-in-law for Christmas. It was a PAIN but it turned out really well. (The grill is a pocket.)

I made these damask stockings last year. I really like them. We don't have a fireplace or mantle, so they get hung on the ladder. I just wish they were a little bigger!

Yesterday I finally found goat milk that wasn't ULTRA-pasteurized. Tomorrow I am going to make my first attempt of making goat cheese and I am really excited. I think I am going to leave 1/2 plain and just use cracked black pepper for the other half. I feel like I'll be able to get a better idea on the base flavor of the cheese that way. Then next time, I will be able to better judge what spices to add in and how much. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out. If all goes well, I am going to make another batch to take to family Christmases.

2 comments:

  1. Tonya - if that is your tree it looks fantastic! I love tons of lights like that!

    You are very ambitious this year - good for you! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails