Monday, November 30, 2009

Can't sleep, clown will eat me

Dreams have always been a very interesting topic to me. I have a tendency to have really bizarre dreams and have several reoccurring dreams. Most of the time when we think of a nightmare, we think of being chased or hunted down, death and destruction sort of theme. But lately, it seems like a lot of people have been telling me about nightmares involving losing their job or getting a new job. Must be the recession. Here's a few nightmares I've had:
1. Bad feedback on Etsy. Insane, I know. I actually had to get up one night to make sure it was a nightmare.
2. Having to return to a former job working for a former boss, both of which I abhor.
3. Being dragged to an underwater death by an alligator. (I live in Iowa - not a place where reptiles thrive.) This is a reoccurring one I've had since childhood.
4. Being kidnapped and forced to sell watermelons out of a garage and not allowed to go to the bathroom - another reoccurring one that I still have occasionally as an adult. (This one always end with me waking up and running to the bathroom to pee!)
5. Being pursued by a man-eating glob of toothpaste. That's not a typo. I'm serious. I had this one several times as a child, but not since. It is a very long dream that I can remember a lot of details about.


I also have a few reoccuring places in my dreams. The most memorable of these is a huge house. For the most part, there is only one room per floor and it's probably about 20 stories. Typically I am running up the stairs, trying to find some place to hide from whatever happens to be after me during that particular dream. The dream always ends in a room with mauve walls and framed black and white photographs, hung floor to ceiling. For whatever reason, this is where I always realize it's a dream and I've been there before and can wake myself up.

What's a weird dream you've had, either recently or as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails