I made these spinach and artichoke roll-ups for dinner, but they would make a great appetizer too. They are very similar to spanakopita but sound better than "spinach pie" to a picky eater.
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the mayonnaise, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, spinach and artichokes in a small bowl until the ingredients are mixed.
- Layer 6 sheets of phyllo together, spraying olive oil between each sheet. With the short side facing you, spread half of the spinach mixture on the pastry to within 1-inch of the edges. Starting at the short sides, roll up like a jelly roll. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture.
- Cut each roll into 10 (1/2-inch) slices. Place 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown around the outside.