Sunday, April 18, 2010

A tulip, totes and trama

This tulip popped up in the rocks along the front of the house. We've lived here for almost three years and nothing has ever grown out there. Apparently, this little tulip's bulb took years to finally grow a flower. It's cute, but it does look a little weird and lonely in that big area all by itself. It makes me happy though.

I was busy, busy, busy today and I feel really good about everything I accomplished. I won't bore you with the whole list, but I did finish 11 totes and started 4 more! Two were gifts, five are in the shop already and the other four finished totes will be added to the shop over the next week. Here's a peak:




I started making the totes a little deeper, a little wider and with extra long handles. I was getting request for the really long handles over and over again so that will be the norm from here on out. Being able to put the bag over your shoulder makes even the heaviest load of groceries a little more manageable. I'm still loving my serger sewing machine. It makes the totes go so fast!

I also ironed my arm today. This is a terrible picture, but it's the inside of my forearm and the burn is about 2 inches long. I reached past the iron to pick something up and laid my arm right on the edge. For the record, I DO NOT recommend touching any part of your body to the iron. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails