Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fettuccine with artichokes and beans


This is one of those recipes I found when I was sick of everything on my "go-to" list of things to make for dinner. I was still looking for something at least a little healthy. I am not a big fan of beans. Mash them up and add a bunch of seasoning, call it dip, and I'm in. But whole beans aren't my thing. Which is why I am so surprise that I love this so much. Here's the recipe:

3/4 pound fettuccine
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can cannellini beans, rinced
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
salt and pepper
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1. Cook pasta as directed. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
2. Heat  oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add beans, artichokes, salt and pepper. Cook until headed through. (3-4 minutes)
3. Toss pasta with artichoke mixture and reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Sometimes we use more artichokes. In our house, there can never be too many of them. Sometimes I add a little Parmesan on top or sprinkle the artichokes with Italian seasoning while they cook. Mix it up. This is really good. Try it even if you think you won't like it. I did and I think you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails