Sunday, July 1, 2012

Envelope pouch


This past weekend I was feeling inspired to make something for a friend's birthday. I had no real concept of what I wanted to do until I saw an A7 envelope sitting on the filing cabinet in my studio. I thought it would make for a cute clutch/pouch, so I opened it all the way up and used it for a "pattern."


The birthday girl is a big fan of coral and leopard/cheetah prints. Both of these fabrics were in my stash. There is one layer of quilting batting that I fused to the lining with heat n bond. Fusible batting would have been one less step, but I didn't have any on hand.


 I had about 20 minutes before I needed to give the gift, so of course, I decided it was necessary to make another item to go with it. I decided a little zipper pouch that fits perfectly inside would be nice so small things like change wouldn't escape if it was carried alone as a clutch.


I'm really happy with how it turned out. The different textures of the fabrics work well together and I love the little vintage coral button for the envelope closure. The gift was well received and I think I'll have to make more of these babies someday soon.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever of you and a wonderful gift set. Isn't inspiration a wonderful attribute?!! Serene Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric design of your Envelope pouch is good. Click this link to get more designs in weaver textile ....: https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails