On April 15th, we got a new addition to our group of friends. Kenley Katherine was born! She is beautiful and has a full head of auburn hair! Her parents decided to go the surprise route, so we didn't know if she was a boy or a girl until she was born. The result was me cranking out this quilt, start to finish in under 3 weeks!
I decided to go more "little girl" rather than baby, because I figured she'll be a little girl much longer than a baby, so hopefully she'll like this quilt for years to come.
The quilt features strawberry, cherry and polka dot fabrics from Robert Kaufman. I very loosely followed the free Foliage Paisley pattern from Andover Fabrics. This is the first quilt I have sewn where the block corners needed to match perfectly. I was very nervous, but it turned out great! I feel a lot more confident making more complicated blocks now.
I forgot to take a close up of this, so this picture isn't great, but I wrote her name on the border while quilting. It's not super noticeable, but a cute little surprise!
The backing and binding is made from a vintage sheet, which worked great. However, I cut it on the bias to make the stripes diagonal, which made quilting and binding a challenge. I won't be doing that again!